Why Developers are Using VueJS with Laravel for App Development
Laravel is one of the prominent members of the new generation of web frameworks. It is an open-source PHP web framework created by Taylor Otwell in 2011, intending for the development of web applications following the Model View Controller (MVC) model. And, of course, it is free.
The reason why we use Laravel in the backend is the ecosystem that Laravel has.
Advantages of Laravel
Due to its rich toolset and features, Laravel has many benefits to its credit. Let’s look at some of the advantages Laravel has to offer-
- Reusability of existing components or frameworks
- Easy to learn and use
- Creates well-structured and realistic websites
- Boosts the speed of website development
- It saves time and effort
- Creates more secure and attack resistant websites
Laravel with Vue.js
Both Laravel and VueJS are frameworks, so you might wonder how these two could be used together. Well, they are being used in combination now. We would be highlighting the points below, focussing on why these two languages should be used together.
What Makes Laravel with Vue JS Beautiful Combination?
Reactive Components in Event-Driven Applications
Vue helps develop event-driven applications that can easily manage the front-end development. It also provides composable modules that can be used whichever way you want.
Moreover, the combination of Laravel with Vue JS will help you build great user interfaces in an application and allow you to avoid reloading pages while switching the components. Vue Js offers high speed and performance in this full-stack combination, whereas Laravel provides reliability and stability.
Single Page Applications
Single Page Applications are one of the greatest things that have happened to the internet in past years. Single Page Applications have provided a wide perspective and grabbed users’ attention.
It has solved issues by providing a great web application experience in the specific locations where it was difficult to access the internet. With the combination of Vue and Laravel, it has become easy for developers to create Single Page Applications.
Laravel is a highly secure PHP framework as it avoids unwanted malware attacks and SQL injections with the help of Eloquent ORM. It makes sure that the application is safe from third-party malicious implementation. Therefore, the combination of Vue and Laravel can be a preferred choice for full-stack web development.
Regarding strong back-end development, Laravel easily manages the migration in the database by adding and dropping the field and avoiding deleting the existing records. It allows developers to efficiently plan the new ideas in the database with the Laravel migration. It also saves development time and helps develop robust applications with the combination of Laravel and Vue Js.
Developing Optimal Complex Frontend Pages
When the application is built with Vue, the dependency of every module is tracked automatically. It makes it easy for the system to understand when it is required to make changes in the data. Vue Js suits best in handling the data flow of complex applications as it has way data binding model that makes it easy and simple to manage in complex application development.
What are the benefits of using VueJs inside Laravel project?
In many cases, Vue.js replaces Angular, Ember, and React — this is a good thing and makes it different to work with it. In addition to this, Vue combines with other modern tooling and supporting libraries to render a perfect single page application. On top of that Vue’s upgrade has rewritten using lightweight virtual DOM implementation forked from snabbdom library. This supports very fast server-side rendering, along with streaming and component-level caching. I am listing some features of VueJs below :
Vue.js is predominantly used for building user interfaces for the and this is achieved by a library that does not have any influence from the frameworks out there already. Supporting libraries like -router (for routing) and (which is a flux-inspired library for state management) are integrated with Vue.
Adding Vue.js to your web project can be very simple and you’ll find there will be no, no and no wrestling with a. The awesomeness is just because you need external libraries, but tend to use it with or without jQuery. And this is a USP for Vue.js to score over others. Vue has an elegant combination of structure and simplicity. And it works well when things and your views.
At every point, when the variables change, it’ll automatically inform their peers. This is where variables in Vue.js are reactive.
Vue.js comes with perfect balance to write quickly and run straight from the browser. With that said, it is extremely generous if you would like to create any sophisticated app using with ES6, separate component files, JSX, building, routing etc.
From my point of view these are the pros and cons for Vue:
- Learning curve. Easy to learn for beginners and you will save time when on-boarding new developers. I would say that in 1 day you can learn all you need to know about Vue.js using this guide: Introduction — Vue.js.
- Great integration with popular frameworks. Gives you super-powers when using with Webpack + Ruby On Rails / Laravel, etc. You can literally create a new project with all the configurations for backend and frontend using a single command line, eg.
rails new myapp —webpack=vue.
- Quality libraries. The ecosystem around Vue.js is quite optioned, not so many options like React, nevertheless, the popular ones are quality libraries and components for (almost) anything you can imagine.
- State mananagement. Vuex is just awesome, one of my favourite patterns + library for state management.
- Debugging tools. The developer tools for Chrome are really well built and feel nicer to use than the equivalent for any other frameworks  .
- Not so many libraries. You may find more options when looking for components written with React, but this can be also a good thing because you will have to write your components yourself, without the unnecessary features that may be packed into an external library.
- Market share. There is less hype around Vue.js, if we compare it to React is just a tiny slice of the pie, as a result you will find more projects that are looking for developers that know React.
I don’t say that Vue.js is better than React, it’s just that I find it more productive for our company projects. Is up to you or your team to come to a common ground for everyone’s benefit.
Which big companies use Vue.js?
Developers appreciate the following features and characteristics:
- Super-compact size (18–21 KB)
- Solid tooling ecosystem
- Remarkable ease of setup
- Integration capabilities and flexibility
- Good for unit-testing
- Code readability
More and more companies are starting to use VueJS to build their front-end user interfaces and websites. So, it is always better to look at the example, in particular at most popular sites out there that have taken advantage of the library’s impressive capabilities.
The big upside is that tooling and support will only get better with more widespread use, and the fact that Vue can roll with the big boys like React and Angular while lacking the huge investment dollars shows how capable the framework is, and that it may eclipse its competitors in coming years.